orientation


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...






Went to Catholic mass today at St. Augustine's, which is slated to close shortly. What can be said - service was 2-1/2 hours and none of us wanted it to end. They exchanged the sign of peace at the beginning and the end, lots of praisin and singin and huggin, and oh my there was dancing because Wynton Marsalis's brother Ellis (and I believe a few more Marsalises) played gorgeous jazz versions of Catholic hymns.

Then went to a ridiculous lunch.

Then went to the ninth ward. I am still thinking about that and maybe I'll write about it in a few days when my thoughts get a little smarter. I was cursin the whole way through, because it's just so screwed up.

Then went to the Student Hurricane Network orientation, on the 52nd floor of Jones Walker, the biggest law firm in Louisiana. Hundreds of students, a few speakers, a play. I'm pretty amazed - SHN's organizers (the Columbia and Tulane components, specifically) are totally on it, and the Hurricane According to Law Students (Tulane law students told their stories) and the Hurricane According to Lawyers was more interesting than I could've imagined.

The other bloggers' postings should be up tomorrow and the next day - their hotels do not have the internet. So til then you're stuck with me.


Forty-three Brooklyn Law School students will spend their spring break volunteering in and around the Gulf Coast as part of the Student Hurricane Network. These are their stories.

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3