New Orleans


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



Arriving in on Monday morning, I was anxious to see the city. I had never traveled to New Orleans, and have only seen the devastating pictures in the neighborhood.
Many houses are deserted or undergoing construction. As I was getting dropped by, many houses were sprayed painted in front after the houses were checked for bodies after the hurricane saying things like, "dog not found" and the date that the houses were checked.

I do not ask about Katrina, but am interested in what people have to say about how it affected them. (I remember how I didn't want to talk about 9/11 after a while.) I think about what my family would do if we had to desert our home in Long Island. Even if our house was worthless, can you put a price tag on the countless memories, your community, etc.? Even if those whose houses that were destroyed are reconstructed, not everyone will move back. I went to the Supreme Court courthouse and knew I was in the wrong place when 2 men in body suits with masks were about to enter. So the courts are shuffled around for now.


Forty-three Brooklyn Law School students will spend their spring break volunteering in and around the Gulf Coast as part of the Student Hurricane Network. These are their stories.

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3