Doing penance for my po boy


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...



I am so tired. Like, tired tired. The kind of tired where I feel like I may never sleep again. I-stayed-up-all-night-to-finish-my-brief tired.

Today was a day full of real substantive work with Project Triage. We worked through dockets, asked about a trillion questions, and learned a lot. About what, I'm still not quite sure. But my brain is currently full and I'm sure in the light of morning and at the bottom of a nice big cup of coffee it will make a lot of sense.

More than anything else, I'm really having a great time working with the students from BLS. We all care deeply about the work we're doing down here, and it shows in the questions we ask and the work we're able to finish. But we also all have a pretty good sense of humor, which came in real handy at about 3:30 p.m. when post-lunch derilum set in. Some of these dockets are just comedy waiting to happen, like the one that classified a Southeast Asian man as "W" for white, or the man who died in 1995, and was then arrested again in 2001. At midnight, it doesn't seem quite as funny, but trust me, it was hilarious.

The daily long walk to the federal courthouse is my penance for my po boy. I've given up nutrition for lent.


Forty-three Brooklyn Law School students will spend their spring break volunteering in and around the Gulf Coast as part of the Student Hurricane Network. These are their stories.

Previous posts

Archives

Links


ATOM 0.3